Awesome codemods delivered to you!
- Intuita is a codemod manager 🤖 that makes migrations, dependency upgrades & large refactorings faster & easier for codebases of any size.
- Intuita's extension is open source & supports the best codemod engines out there, such as Facebook's JSCodeShift, Uber's Piranha, & soon ML-powered engines. If your favorite codemod engine is not supported yet, please create an issue for us to prioritize.
- The codemods for upgrading the following frameworks/libraries have already been added to the extension. If you want to upgrade a dependency in the near future & it's not listed here, please create an issue for us to prioritize.
- Nextjs vx → v13
- Material UI v4 → v5
- React Router vx → v4 & v4 → v6
- ImmutableJS x3 -> v4
- ⚠️ This extension is in Public Beta! Get in touch if you are planning to use this extension for large upgrades & you have some feature requests!
How It Works 🪄
- Open package.json in your project & applicable upgrade codemods automatically show up for you.
- Click on "execute codemods" or run the codemods from the VS Code's Command menu & let Intuita transform your code automatically.
- Quickly review, tweak, & apply the proposed changes one-by-one or in batches.
If you like videos better, here is a quick YouTube tutorial.
Codemod Consumers 🧑🏾💻👩🏻💻
❌ Without Intuita ❌ if you want to upgrade a dependency with some API & breaking changes, you need to:
- Search online for upgrade guides & if you are lucky, find some codemods (likely not following any quality guidelines or without proper tests).
- Run those codemods in CLI one by one (~60 codemods for Material UI v5 upgrade) without knowing which one is actually applicable to your codebase.
- End up with large PRs & many reviewers because you couldn't easily distribute the changes into meaningful commits.
- And finally, if many teams are impacted, you need to create tasks, manually find the best reviewer & follow up on those tasks until you get the change reviewed & merged.
✅ With Intuita ✅ a set of quality-checked community-led codemods will be pushed to you right in the package.json (for JS/TS) so you don't need to search for them.
- You run all the codemods with one click.
- At an intermediary step before making the code change, you can tweak them if needed, batch them as you wish & push your changes for review.
- [Enterprise feature] for large teams, we will be building integrations with Jira/Slack/Github to automatically assign tasks & send reminders to teams, leadership dashboard for tracking & coordinating the campaign.
Codemod Builders 🥷🏼
Engineering Leads 👩🏾💼👨🏻💼
❌ Without Intuita ❌ leaders do not have visibility into the status of large migration/upgrade campaigns. You ask yourself:
- How long would this upgrade take? How many developers are impacted? Are we on track to hit our business deadlines?
✅ With Intuita ✅ [enterprise features] you can easily track progress & coordinate migration campaigns across many teams.
- Team leads, please contact us to learn more about enterprise features such as Jira/Github/Slack integrations, automated task & notification delivery.
- The extension collects telemetry data to help us improve the product for you.
- We never send PII, OS information, file or folder names.
- Telemetry can be disabled in the settings.
- See more details in our telemetry compliance considerations doc.
Share Feedback 🎁
- Please share your ideas, questions, feature requests here, or chat with us in Slack
Join Us 🙌🏼
- We are an early-stage startup backed by amazing angels in silicon valley! If you are a codemod nerd or passionate about building delightful devtools, let's chat!