The Enterprise Template has now been replaced by the the Virtual Assistant Template. For new projects we recommend you use Virtual Assistant instead which has a number of new capabilities.
Uses the Bot Builder v4 SDK
This extension lets you create Advanced Bots from within Visual Studio. With the extension, you can create a bot project via File -> New -> Project.
You can find an Enterprise Bot project template under Visual C#\Bot Framework.
Enterprise Bot Template
Creation of a high quality conversational experience requires a foundational set of capabilities. To help you succeed with building great conversational experiences, we have created an Enterprise Bot Template. This template brings together all of the best practices and supporting components we've identified through building of conversational experiences.
This template greatly simplifies the creation of a new bot project. The template will provide the following out of box capabilities, leveraging Bot Builder SDK v4 and Bot Builder Tools.
- Introduction message with an Adaptive Card on conversation start. It explains the bot's capabilities and provides buttons to guide initial questions. Developers can then customize this as appropriate.
- Automated typing indicators
- .bot file driven configuration
- Basic conversational intents (Greeting, Goodbye, Help, Cancel, etc.) in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Chinese. These are provided in .LU (language understanding) files enabling easy modification.
- Example responses to basic conversational intents abstracted into separate View classes. These will move to the new language generation (LG) files in the future.
- Inappropriate content or PII (personally identifiable information) detection in incoming conversations through use of Content Moderator in a middleware component.
- Transcripts of all converstartion stored in Azure Storage
- An integrated Dispatch model to identify whether a given utterance should be processed by LUIS + Code or passed to QnA Maker.
- Integration with QnA Maker to answer general questions
- Integration with Application Insights to collect telemetry for all conversations and an example PowerBI dashboard to get you started with insights into your conversational experiences.
In addition, all of the Azure resources required for the Bot are automatically deployed: Bot registration, Azure App Service, LUIS, QnA Maker, Content Moderator, CosmosDB, Azure Storage, and Application Insights. Additionally, base LUIS, QnA Maker, and Dispatch models are created, trained, and published to enable immediate testing of basic intents and routing.
Once the template is created and deployment steps are executed you can hit F5 to test end-to-end. This provides a solid base from which to start your conversational experience, reducing multiple days' worth of effort that each project had to undertake and raises the conversational quality bar.
The Enterprise Bot template documentation page has further information.
See all the support options here.